Not all plants are safe to eat or even touch.Nettles & Other Plants,such as euphorbia & poison ivy,may blister your skin .Many quite common plants ,including buttercups are poisonous if eaten,because they contain chemicals called phytotoxins.Strangely,some plant poisons(Such as curare,digitalis,strychnine),are used in minute quantities to cure illness.
– Potatoes are safe to eat when cooked,but the stems and leaves of the plants contain a poison called solanine.If Potatoes Turn Green,They may also contain solanine.
– Ricin is extracted from the seeds of the caster oil Plant & is more piosonous than cyanide or snake venom.Even Minute dose of ricin can be fatal.
– Opium is extracted from the juice of a poppy & contains morphine.Small quantities of both are used legally as pain-relieving medicines and illegally as drugs .Both Can easily cause deaths.
– The Death Cap is a highly poisonous mushroom.It is responsible for almost 90 Percent of deaths from eating fungi
The Poison Causes Severe diarrhoea and vomiting.
– Curare is extracted from the bark of certain trees and is used by south american indian tribes to tip their poison arrows when they go hunting.
– Deadly nightshade is also known as belladonna.It Contains Poison called atropine .Less than 10mg of it could kill a child.
– Nicotine is a yellow oily Liquid found in tobaco.About 50mg of Nicotine would kill an adult within minutes
– The Leaves of the Purple foxyglove contain digitalis and eating just a few can be fatal.Digitalis is used in tiny doses to treat people suffering from heart disease.
– Strychnine comes from the coochla tree,which grows in myanmar and india.It is one of the most deadly poisonous known.